Blogging is the new black!
Learn how to create a blog that people want to read and brands want to work with!
I often get asked: Is it possible to make money blogging? The answer is YES!
If you want to be paid to blog or grow your blog into a business, this masterclass is for you!
If you have a blog and are needing some direction or inspiration on how to grow it into a useful tool to promote your business or even turn it into a stand-alone business and create the lifestyle you want, this half-day master class is for you.
Sure, there are tons of free online lists and teaching posts about how to start a blog, and I’m sure you’ve read loads of them – as I have. So why should you invest in this training?
Because it’s absolutely personalised to you, you’ll network with like-minded bloggers and you’ll be able to ask questions and get some great advice from not just me, but the whole group!
Online content creators (aka bloggers like you and me) are sought after in many industries, and it’s only going to get better. If you can become an expert blogger, know how to deliver great content and ideas to brands and have the tenacity to stick with it, you will be in demand – and soon living the life you love
This is a really practical, hands on workshop because I know your time is precious. There are a million other things you could be doing of a Saturday morning, so I’ll make sure this investment of your time and money into your business is worth it. In fact, I guarantee it’ll be the best $145 you’ll spend on professional development this year!!
We’ll be doing some blog writing exercises, working on creating powerful headings, images and ideas for great posts, so bring your laptop because you’ll leave with a few new posts ready to start you on your way, or to inspire you to keep going! You will also receive a link to the visual presentation to recap at your leisure following the class.
Who should attend?
- If you have a blog and want to learn how to monetise it and work with brands, this workshop is for you.
- If you want a job as a blogger, this workshop will give you a great leg up into what is required to be successful.
- If you’re already blogging but no one is reading, this workshop will show you some easy ways to promote it.
- If you want to use content to promote your business, this master class will show you what works.
What Blogging is the New Black covers:
- How to create content that works
- How to define your unique voice
- The importance of your niche
- Positioning yourself as an authority/thought leader
- How often you should be writing new posts
- How to use images cleverly
- How to use crowd sourcing so effectively you won’t be having to write a blog post every day
- How to use key words to attract search engines
- How to promote your content on social media (and which ones not to bother with)
- How to work with brands
- Plus some more gems and basic dos and don’ts of successful blogging
What they said:
“Megan combines boundless enthusiasm and infinite wisdom to deliver an enjoyable, practical workshop that will cure the most stubborn case of writer’s block. I left the training session with renewed passion for writing and oodles of inspiration for my next blog posts!” – Nadine Maffre, Miles Media marketing co-ordinator, South Pacific
“Had an absolute blast at the Blogging is The New Black workshop! Megan is so inspiring and an absolute social media pro. The class really motivated me to take my blog to the next level and I’m excited to see where it will go from here!” – Rachael McLaren
“I learned more in two hours at your blogger training than I did at a two day social media course held overseas earlier this year.” – Peter Fleming, The Tour Company & The Cruise Club
A former graphic designer, Megan is an award-winning travel writer, editor and full time blogger (who still loves Photoshop). She is the Sunday travel correspondent on Newstalk ZB, as well as freelancing for several publications in New Zealand and overseas.
Her work has been recognised internationally when she won the contract to be Expedia Australia and NZ travel blogger for 2013 and was Yahoo!NZ’s travel editor in 2010/11 where she oversaw the travel channel grow from #18 to #1 in New Zealand. Today she also blogs for Skyscanner, MasterCard, helloworld and receives frequent requests to write guest posts.
Megan began blogging full time 11 years ago and now runs Blogger at Large, her own successful travel blog which gets over 60,000 views per month.
In the media:
Stop Press marketing and advertising magazine interview: From blog to brand – Megan Singleton describes how she built her travel blog into a brand. I hope it inspires you!