Join Megan Singleton’s music and sports Tour of the South
21-30 March 2017
Explore New Orleans and Houston with Megan Singleton, aka Blogger at Large, taking in an OKC Thunder basketball game with Kiwi legend Steven Adams, plus visit the Johnson Space Center and sit at the desks of Mission Control. But before that you’ll spend four nights in New Orleans, enjoying great live jazz and southern cuisine, plus spend a night at a beautifully restored plantation home in the deep south.
Here’s what’s happening:
All your flights and accommodation, all breakfasts and some other meals, a couple of jazz evenings in New Orleans, as well as your game tickets and a CityPass to get around in Houston and out to Johnson Space Center.
But the best thing about Megan’s tours is having the freedom to do your own things each day, armed with my tips on her favourite things to do, places eat, drink, shop and play.
You’ll fly from Auckland to Houston and straight on to New Orleans (it’s only a 45-minute flight).
Megan has chosen chic boutique hotel, Le Marais, right in the heart of the French Quarter, so you can head out to explore the minute we arrive – or hit your pillow and wait until tomorrow!
The next morning you’ll have breakfast together and Megan will share with you loads of ideas for the next three days. But don’t worry, she’s also planned ahead and booked tickets for two awesome nights of jazz that took me several visits to the Crescent City to find!
On day four we’ll head out to majestic Houmas House for a night in a sugar plantation that has beautifully restored and refurbished. Your accommodation is in villas on this huge plantation right on the edge of the Mississippi and after touring through the house, you’ll have a three-course dinner together.
The next morning you’ll fly to Houston for three nights to enjoy a bit of shopping, sight-seeing, eat Texas BBQ, visit the Johnson Space Center and most importantly, get your shouty voice on to watch Steven Adams OKC Thunder take on the Houston Rockets at the Toyota Center!
- International return economy flights Auckland – Houston
- Domestic return flights between Houston and New Orleans
- All transfers as per itinerary
- 7 nights’ accommodation
- Breakfasts daily
- Two dinners and one brunch
- Tickets to two jazz concerts
- Admission to Johnson Space Center
- Game tickets to OKC Thunder v Houston Rockets
Cost *NZD $5,795 per person twin share
The small print!
- This is a cash/cheque/bank transfer price. Credit cards will incur 3% fee
- Itinerary and costs are subject to change, airline and fuel charges and currency fluctuations prior to final payment
- This tour is subject to 20 people travelling
- Items of a personal natures
- All meals as not specified in itinerary
- All sightseeing as not specified in itinerary
- Gratuities for Drivers / Guides / Hotel portage
- Travel Insurance – please arrange this yourself, or get a quote from 1 Cover, Megan’s preferred travel insurance provider, here>
- Complete booking form. Download it here as a Word doc or PDF >>
- Include a copy of the photo page of your Passport
- A non-refundable deposit of $500 per person will secure a place on the tour
- Full payment due no later than 15 December 2016
Cancellations and Refunds
- After 15 December 2016 – we will be unable to offer a refund
- A current NZ passport is required, valid six months beyond travel dates
- An ESTA visa waiver is required before departure for the US ($14). Follow this link to apply for your ESTA online >
- Travel insurance
- Other nationalities – please just ask
If you have any questions or want to chat through your options, give me a call on 021 777 770 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or just download the booking form and register today! >>>