CHRISTMAS RIVER CRUISE
DECEMBER 11 – 29, 2019
I’d love you to join my magical Christmas River Cruise this year from Vienna to Nuremberg and spend Christmas Day in Paris!
Europe’s Christmas Markets have been on my bucket list for as long as I can remember. Probably ever since I first heard about them. So this year I am taking a small group to Europe for a magical cruise and spending Christmas Day in Paris.
I love all things Christmas! But growing up in New Zealand where our Christmas day is spent slathered in sun screen singing Jingle Bells, it wasn’t until I had my first ever winter Christmas in Maryland, USA as a 17-year old exchange student, that Christmas suddenly felt “right”.
I guess it has to do with being inundated with northern hemisphere movies and TV shows, Christmas carols were largely written by those in the snowy months of winter and we wrapped our presents with paper covered in snowmen, the swimming towel inside a juxtaposition on what deep down I thought Christmas was supposed to feel like.
So this year, December 2019, we have put an amazing two-week tour together that will include a gorgeous 7-night river cruise along the Danube River from Vienna to Nuremberg and give us plenty of time to immerse ourselves into a winter wonderland this Christmas.
This tour is ideal for people who don’t want to celebrate Christmas alone, but join a small group of like-minded travellers, or perhaps you’d like to bring a partner or friend to enjoy the season with, as we shop at the markets and drink mulled wine, and enjoy the tastes and sounds of a European Christmas.
We can also sell this as a land-only package so wherever you are in the world you can either meet us in Frankfurt, or we can arrange flights for you.
Our Christmas Cruise 2019 itinerary:
Flying with Singapore Airlines from Auckland*, we’ll go straight through to Frankfurt for 2 nights to experience their Christmas vibe and stay in a boutique hotel there with a private tour organised the next day.
Then we’ll go to Vienna for 1 night in a hotel before our cruise begins so we can enjoy some of the live music that the city is so famous for.
We then embark on a seven-night cruise with Uniworld where every cabin has balconies and every day we wake up in a new wintery village in Germany and Austria to enjoy sight seeing excursions plus plenty of free time to shop, people-watch and browse at your leisure.
This cruise takes you to some of the most famous and delightful holiday markets in Central Europe. At each market you’ll find wooden stalls displaying traditional crafts that range from quirky little characters made of fruit and dressed in Bavarian costume to beautifully carved and painted Nativity figures. You’ll also find exquisite ornaments and fine contemporary crafts, along with fairytale villages decked in holiday finery.
After disembarking in Nuremberg we’ll travel to Paris for 2 nights to experience the classic Christmas Eve dinner tradition in a beautiful hotel, then the next day, you’ll need to save room, as we celebrate Christmas Day in Paris. Magical!
We fly to Singapore on Boxing Day for 1 night to warm up and have a day to explore, and be home on December 28 in time for New Year’s Eve where you can tell all your family and friends about your amazing Christmas.
What’s included in the price?
- Your return economy class airfares from Auckland*.
- 2 nights in a 4* star hotel in Frankfurt including breakfast.
- Private tour and guide in Frankfurt.
- All meals on board, including breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Unlimited alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages on board.
- Flight from Frankfurt to Vienna.
- 1 night in a 4* hotel in Vienna including breakfast.
- Private guided walking tour in Vienna.
- Transfer to cruise for 7 nights in a classic cabin, all-inclusive including meals and alcohol.
- 6 days of excursions, including “Choice Is Yours” options, all fully hosted by English-speaking local experts.
- Guided “Taste of Christmas” program.
- Use of Nordic walking sticks if required.
- Lavishly appointed riverview staterooms and suites have handcrafted Savoir® Beds of England, high thread count 100% Egyptian cotton sheets and European duvets, and a menu of pillow options.
- Free Internet and Wi-Fi access.
- Local onboard entertainment.
- 2 nights in a 4* hotel in Nuremberg.
- Transfer to airport and flight to Paris.
- 2 nights in a 4+ Paris hotel.
- Private walking tour in Paris with a local guide.
- Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas Day lunch in Paris.
- Transfer to airport and flight to Singapore.
- 1 night stopover in Singapore.
- Day tour of Singapore including Gardens by the Bay and Hop on Hop Off bus ticket with free access to many sightseeing highlights.
- Transfer to airport and flight to Auckland.
All meals and drinks (including alcohol) are included on the cruise
Cost: NZ$12,250 per person based on two people sharing a room.
If you’d like to add on a few days before we begin in Frankfurt, we can make those arrangements for you or you can just meet us there.
*Land only: $9,995 per person based on two people sharing a room. If you’d like to make your own travel arrangements or are not from NZ, we’d still love you to join us!
If you would like your own room and won’t be sharing with a friend or partner, the extra cost is NZ$4,295. Please note this is not a “single supplement”, it is simply the balance of the room rates that we have divided between two people to calculate the initial tour cost.
Reserve your spot with a $500 deposit!
This tour will sell quickly, so if you’d like to reserve your spot while we reserve the boutique hotels, flights and organise our venues for our special Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas Day lunch, you can with just a $500 deposit per person. Balance due by 30 September 2019.
Minimum group size 10, maximum 14.
This tour needs 10 people to go ahead. If you have paid your deposit and we do not get the numbers, it will be fully refunded.
Contact Megan on megan(@)bloggeratlarge.com for more details or to reserve your place.
This tour has been designed by Megan Singleton and Josh Loughnan at Weka Travel.