I’ve had fun photographing faces while I’m here in Mexico. From people to statues and amazing animals. Which one is your fave? Let me know in the comments below or better yet, Tweet your answer to your followers! 🙂
1. This Mayan lady is 90 and sells hand embroidered handkerchiefs at Chichen Itza for $1
2. Juan sold me this obsidian rock pendant which has hues of iridescent gold in it when I turn it. He told me on a full moon if I put it in a glass of water it’d give me energy. That sounded more convincing when he said it!
3. This face is carved into the Temple of the Frescos at Tulum, Cancun
4. You’ll find the Virgin Mary everywhere! Inside churches and standing watch from the side of roads. Mexico has the 2nd highest number of Catholics behind Brazil.
5. 85c is what I paid for coffee out of a large thermos on the back of his food truck. Well, when you need your fix…
6. When I saw my first iguana I stopped my guide talking and made him wait while I took pics. Now I realise they’re common after I have seen about 100!
7. I couldn’t resist this “face of Mexico” at Cabo San Lucas. It’s the mascot of fast food chain Senor Frog’s.
8. Can you see it?!
9. These guys were desperate for a pic and posed for ages. This seal colony is off the coast of La Paz.
10. This guy washed up on the beach at Espirito Santos and he looks evil!
11. Cue Blazing Saddles music… these steer heads are on display at the ATV and horse riding company
Hi, I'm Megan Singleton and I'm the word slinger of this travel blog as well as on radio in NZ every Sunday. Former Travel Editor at Yahoo NZ and current freelance writer for a few newspapers and mags from time to time, I set off on this travel writing journey 20 years ago and I've pretty much always got a suitcase half packed (or half un-packed!)
I'd love you to join me on Facebook or Twitter and sign up for my newsletters if you want loads of travel tips, advice and deals!