Update: Due to the uncertainty around the latest Covid reports, this weekend has been postponed.
You are welcome to join my private Blogger at Large Tours Facebook page to be kept in the loop for all upcoming tours.
POSTPONED FROM 11-13 September 2020
Hands up if you are missing being able to travel? Maybe you had a trip (or two) booked that have now been cancelled. Well this might be the answer!
I’m hosting a Weekend on Waiheke Island for a maximum of 12 people. This is a small, bespoke weekend filled with wine tasting, gin making, olive oil tasting, beautiful walks and both dinners included, as well as some surprises and delights along the way.
My husband and I have owned a bach on Waiheke for about 4 years and I’ve narrowed down my favourite wineries and restaurants. This weekend is all about luxury and all about creating an exclusive experience for you to enjoy.
I will be hosting our little group which promises much laughter and frivolity!
You will be picked up at Matiatia or Kennedy Point ferry terminals on Friday afternoon (you will be responsible for arranging your ferry transfer so the timing is up to you) and whisked away to stay in beautiful, luxurious Puriri Lodge with sweeping views over the ocean, a spa pool plus an indoor AND outdoor fireplace to relax around.
Over the weekend I have planned some wine tasting at local vineyards, and have booked a private chef to create an exquisite 3-course dinner for us at our “home”.
We’ll do a private gin making class together – and return to our lodge to create our own gin cocktails while our chef makes hors d’oeuvres beside the fire.
After making gin we’ll have high tea at a winery with the most outstanding, almost 360˚ views of Auckland and the Coromandel.
There will also be some free time for walks, maybe a massage or browsing the boutiques in Oneroa, plus eating out in three of my favourite restaurants on the island – which is included in the price.
The decadent Waiheke Weekend includes:
- Two nights accommodation at Puriri Lodge in your own room or share with a friend/partner*
- Transfers from ferry to accommodation and around the island for the whole weekend
- Dinner in private room at restaurant on Friday night in Oneroa
- Brunch Saturday at cafe in Onetangi (pay your own way)
- Free time in Oneroa for a walk, shop, massage (to be booked separately)
- Wine tasting
- Olive oil tasting
- Gin making – 1 hour workshop
- High tea with bubbles at a winery
- Private chef 3-course dinner at our lodge
- Sunday breakfast at our lodge (cooked by me!)
- Lunch at a local vineyard
- Transfer to ferry Sunday afternoon
Cost: $1550pp own room. *$1350pp twin share with a friend/partner.
Full payment will secure your spot, so phone me on 021 777 770 or email firstname.lastname@example.org